Monday, October 16, 2023

 The Upper Room

A Year With The Bible

Genesis 7:1-24    The Flood Comes

Praying The Promises of God

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (NIV)

Morning Meditation

 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

Joshua 24:15 (NIV)

Verse of the Day

 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 
Matthew 7:13 ESV


THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Who in my life needs me to be a burden-bearer?

PRAYER FOCUS

Someone who has helped carry my burdens

TODAY'S PRAYER

O God, help us to follow the example of Christ by helping to bear the burdens of others. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts